We suggest you read this document carefully and print a copy for your reference. You may refer back to it at any time by accessing the “Online Account Agreement” link within the website. In addition to this Agreement, you agree to be bound by and comply with such other written requirements as we may furnish to you in connection with either this service or products which may be accessed via this service, including, but not limited to, all account agreements, and with all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Online Account Agreement (“Agreement”) and your applicable account agreements with us, the terms of your account agreement will control except as may be otherwise stated herein.
General Terms Applicable to All Users
Agreement; Online Service
When you use or access, or permit any other person(s) or entity to use or access the Online Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. We may amend or change this Agreement (including applicable fees and service charges) from time to time, at our sole discretion, by sending you written notice by electronic mail or by regular mail or by posting the updated terms on the sites within the Online Service (the "Site(s)"). Please access and review this Agreement regularly. If you find the Agreement unacceptable to you at any time, please discontinue your use of the Online Service. Your use of the Online Service after we have made such changes available will be considered your agreement to the changes.
The Online Service is an online financial services website offering a variety of content, products and services. We grant to you, for your personal purposes only, a nonexclusive, limited and revocable right to access and use the Online Service. You agree not to use the Online Service for any other purpose, including commercial purposes, such as co-branding, framing, linking, or reselling any portion of the Online Service without our prior written consent.
Computer Equipment; Browser Access and Internet Services Installation, Maintenance & Operation of Equipment
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all equipment necessary for you to access the Online Service, in accordance with such requirements as may be (i) provided by the equipment manufacturers and (ii) any other documentation we provide to you in connection with your accounts and services. You agree that you will utilize a reputable antivirus software program on your equipment and that you will update such antivirus software periodically in accordance with a commercially reasonable schedule. We are not responsible for any errors or problems that arise from the malfunction or failure of your equipment.
Browser Access and Internet Services
Applied Bank transmits data using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology that supports 128-bit key encryption. It is important to verify that a secure connection between your browser and the Internet Banking server has been established before transmitting any confidential account information over the Internet. This can be verified by an indicator on your web browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Based browsers have a lock symbol that appears when data is being encrypted. When the symbol appears "solid," transmitted data is being encrypted. When this symbol appears "broken," a secure session has not been established. When this symbol does not appear, a session is not secure.
You may only access the Online Service by utilizing an encrypted browser. You are responsible for obtaining a browser capable of a sufficiently high level of encryption to meet the systems requirements we establish from time to time. You may use any standard 128-bit encrypted browser to access our website. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for notifying you of any upgrades, fixes, or enhancements to, or for providing technical or other support for, any browser or for any compromise of data transmitted across computer networks or telecommunications facilities, including, but not limited to, the Internet. Although we may make browser software available to you by facilitating a link to a third party site where you may download such browser software, we make no endorsement of any specific browser software. Your use of any browser may also be subject to the license agreements of the browser manufacturer, in addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You are additionally responsible for obtaining Internet services via the Internet service provider of your choice, for any and all fees imposed by such Internet service provider and any associated communications service provider charges. You acknowledge that there are certain security, corruption, transmission error, and access availability risks associated with using open networks such as the Internet and you hereby expressly assume such risks (to the extent the law allows you to do so). You acknowledge that you have requested the service for your convenience, have made your own independent assessment of the adequacy of the Internet as a delivery mechanism for accessing information and initiating instructions and that you are satisfied with that assessment. We are not responsible for any Internet access services.
We may at our option change the parameters for the password used to access the Online Service (“Password”) without prior notice to you, and if we do so, you will be required to change your Password the next time you access the Online Service. To prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and to prevent unauthorized use of the Online Service, you agree to protect and keep confidential your card number, account number, PIN, User ID, Password, or other means of accessing your accounts via the Online Service. The loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your card numbers, account numbers, PINs, User IDs, and Passwords could cause unauthorized transactions on your credit card account. It could also permit unauthorized persons to gain access to your sensitive personal and account information and to use that information for fraudulent purposes, including identity theft. If you disclose your card numbers, account numbers, PINs, User IDs, and/or Passwords to any person(s) or entity, you assume all risks and losses associated with such disclosure. If you permit any other person(s) or entity to use the Online Service or to access or use your card numbers, account numbers, PINs, User IDs, Passwords, or other means to access your accounts, you are responsible for any transactions and activities performed from your accounts and for any use of your personal and account information by such person(s) or entity. If you believe someone may attempt to use or has used the Online Service without your permission, or that any other unauthorized use or security breach has occurred, you agree to immediately notify us at 800-616-4605.
You agree that by using the Online Service, all notices or other communications which we may be required to give you arising from our obligations under this Agreement or the Online Service may be sent to you electronically to any e-mail address we have for you, or at our option, another e-mail address you provide to us or in any other manner permitted by law.
We may, from time to time, introduce new features to the Online Service or modify or delete existing features at our sole discretion. We shall notify you of any of these changes to features if we are legally required to do so. By using any new or modified features when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules concerning these features.
Online Service Fees
General access to the Online Service is currently provided to you at no additional cost. However, you may incur fees if you use or obtain some of the products or services available through the Online Service. To learn more about such fees, please refer to the specific terms and conditions applicable to each product or service. We reserve the right from time to time to add or modify charges and will notify you when we do so.
Limitation of Liability; No Warranties
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN OR WHERE THE LAW REQUIRES A DIFFERENT STANDARD, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE EQUIPMENT, BROWSER AND/OR THE INSTALLATION OR MAINTENANCE THEREOF, ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE, FAILURE OF ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE OR OTHER INTERCONNECT PROBLEMS, BUGS, ERRORS, CONFIGURATION PROBLEMS OR INCOMPATIBILITY OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, FAILURE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF INTERNET ACCESS, PROBLEMS WITH INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, PROBLEMS OR DELAYS WITH INTERMEDIATE COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS OR FACILITIES, PROBLEMS WITH DATA TRANSMISSION FACILITIES OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS YOU EXPERIENCE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN ANY APPLICABLE AGREEMENT, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ONLINE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND CONTENT) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "WHERE-IS" AND "WHERE AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE ONLINE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ON THE SITE OR IN ANY APPLICABLE AGREEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS) AS TO THE ONLINE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND CONTENT) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITES. NO LICENSE TO YOU IS IMPLIED IN THESE DISCLAIMERS.
We may terminate or suspend this Agreement, or terminate, suspend or limit your access privileges to the Online Service, in whole or part, at any time for any reason without prior notice. The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this Agreement for all purposes.
Not all of the products or services described on the website(s) are available in all geographic areas. Therefore, you may not be eligible for all the products or services described. We reserve the right to determine your eligibility for any product or service.
In the event of a dispute arising under or relating in any way to this Agreement or to the Online Service provided under this Agreement, you and we agree to resolve this dispute by looking to the terms of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between what one of our employees says and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE UNDER OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR TO THE ONLINE SERVICE (“CLAIM”), REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE(S) OF ACTION ASSERTED (INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR INJUNCTIVE, DECLARATORY, OR EQUITABLE RELIEF), SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENT GOVERNING YOUR ACCOUNT RELATIONSHIP WITH APPLIED BANK.
Our records, kept in the regular course of business, shall be presumed to accurately reflect the contents of your instructions to us and, in the absence of manifest error, will be binding and conclusive.
You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Online Service and agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) that we may incur in connection with a third party claim or otherwise, in relation to your use of the Online Service or the use of the Online Service by anyone using your card number, account number, PIN, User ID or Password or your violation of this Agreement or the rights of any third party (including, but not limited to, privacy rights). Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from your provision of a phone number, e-mail address, or other delivery location that is not your own, for any access to information transmitted to you via a phone number, e-mail address, or other delivery location that is accessed by a third party or your violation of applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligations under this paragraph shall survive termination of this Agreement.
Risk of Loss
In the event of a system failure or interruption, your data may be lost or destroyed. Any transaction(s) that you initiated, were in the process of completing, or completed shortly before a system failure or interruption should be verified by you through means other than online to ensure the accuracy and completeness of such transaction(s). You assume the risk of loss of your data during any system failure or interruption and the responsibility to verify the accuracy and completeness of any transaction(s) so affected.
Account information made available to you as part of the Online Service is not the official record of your account or its activity. Your account statement, furnished to you by us in a paper format is the official transaction record for your account. The Online Service information is generally updated regularly, but is subject to adjustment and correction and, therefore, should not be relied upon by you for taking, or forbearing to take, any action.
This Applied Bank Online Account Agreement was last updated August 15, 2019. Please check back periodically for updates and changes.
EXTERNAL TRANSFER SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to the Customer’s use of the External Transfer Service.
- External Transfers
- Within the Online Banking System, you have the option to participate in the External Transfer Service, which allows you to transfer funds between your eligible accounts at the Bank (checking, savings, and money market) and checking or savings accounts owned by you at other United States Financial Institutions, assuming that the transfer is permitted by your other financial institution and by law. Accounts at the Bank you select for this Service are referred to as “Internal Accounts,” and accounts you select from among accounts you own at other financial institutions are referred to as “External Accounts.” You may only transfer funds between accounts where you are an owner of both accounts and the terms and conditions of the accounts allow deposits and/or withdrawals of the type you are initiating. Transfers from an Internal Account to an External Account are referred to as “Outgoing Transfers” and Transfers from an External Account to an Internal Account are referred to as “Incoming Transfers.”
- In order to use the External Transfer Service, you will need to register the External Accounts that you wish to access and provide certain identifying information about each of those accounts. For Incoming Transfers, you agree that you will only attempt to register External Accounts that you own or for which you have the authority to transfer funds. You acknowledge and agree that each External Account you seek to register will be subject to a two‐deposit validation process, a fraud mitigation feature that requires you to confirm account ownership by validating the amounts of two small deposits made to an External Account before Transfers can be made to or from the account.
- The External Transfer Service is only available for domestic (U.S.) transfers. International transfers cannot be performed through the External Transfer service. International funds transfers may be processed through a wire transfer request.
- Outgoing Transfers: For Outgoing Transfers, funds will be debited from your Internal Account on the Business Day for which you request the Transfer to be made (the “Scheduled Date”), and settle on the second to third Business Day after the Transfer’s Scheduled Date. Next-Day transfers typically settle by next business day.
- Incoming transfers: For Incoming transfers, the funds typically will be debited from your External Account at your other financial institution on the Business Day or next Business Day after its Scheduled Date, and settle on the second to third Business Day after the Transfer’s Scheduled Date. Next-Day transfers typically settle by next business day.
- The Bank is not responsible for any failure of another financial institution to act in a timely manner as described above. As a result, the Bank cannot guarantee the timely delivery or return of funds as a result of the failure of another financial institution to act in a timely manner.
- You agree to have sufficient available funds in your designated Internal Account(s) at the Bank to cover all Outgoing Transfers on the Scheduled Date. If the applicable Internal Account does not have sufficient available funds on the Scheduled Date, the Bank may elect not to initiate one or more of the Transfers. If we do elect to initiate the Transfer, it may cause an overdraft in your Internal Account, in which case you will be liable for the overdraft and any overdraft fees and interest thereon, as set forth in your Other Agreements, and you agree to pay all related applicable fees.
- You acknowledge and agree that Transfers made through the Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) processor selected by us or directly to another financial institution, and you agree that you will be subject to the National Automated Clearing House Association “NACHA”) rules or our agreement with the other financial institution, as applicable.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information that you enter into the System, and for informing us as soon as possible if you become aware that this information is inaccurate. You may not use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a Transfer made to the wrong Account once informed, but we do not guarantee such recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information you enter in the System. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that your contact information in the System is current and accurate. We are not responsible for any Transfer processing errors or fees incurred if you fail to accurately provide information required for this Service.
- Initiating and Scheduling Transfers
- Cut‐Off Time: The “Cut‐Off Time” for initiating Standard Transfers is 22:00 Pacific Time, subject to change by the Bank. The “Cut-Off time” for initiating Next Day Transfers is 17:00 Pacific Time. Any Transfer initiated after the applicable Cut‐Off Time will be considered as being initiated on the next Business Day.
- Transfers can be scheduled on either a one‐time or on a recurring basis. The processing of one‐time Transfers may be initiated immediately or scheduled for initiation on a future date. Recurring Transfers may be scheduled for up to one year in advance. The Recurring Transfer feature may be used when a set amount is transferred at regular intervals. For example, you could schedule a $200 transfer from an account you own at another financial institution to your Bank checking account every two weeks.
- One‐time future‐dated Transfers and Recurring Transfers are available for both Incoming and Outgoing Transfers. In addition to choosing the delivery time, as described above, you will be asked to pick the date that you want us to initiate the Transfer. For example, if you direct us to initiate processing an Outgoing Transfer, the funds will be debited from your Bank Internal Account on the Business Day you schedule the Transfer (as long as the Transfer is initiated prior to the Cut‐Off Time for that Business Day), and typically will be credited to the External Account on the second or third business day after the Transfer is initiated.
- One‐time future‐dated or Recurring Transfers scheduled for a weekend or a non‐Business Day will be processed on the next Business Day.
- Cancelling Transfers
- Subject to the limitations in Section 7 below, you can cancel one‐time future‐dated Transfer and Recurring Transfers up until the Cut‐Off Time on the Scheduled Date. After you cancel a future‐dated Transfer, the status changes to Canceled.
- If you direct us to begin processing a Transfer immediately or a Transfer's status is in process or has been completed, you no longer have the right to cancel it. However, the Bank, at its option, may attempt to cancel the Transfer, subject to the limitations in Section 7 below.
- The easiest and most convenient way to cancel a Transfer is through our Online Banking System. However, you also may request to cancel a one‐time future‐dated Transfer or Recurring Transfer by calling us at( 888) 839-7952 (only during regular business hours). If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. You may not call and cancel a Transfer whose status is In Process or Processed.
- If you attempt to cancel a Transfer using one of the methods cited above and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages, subject to the limitations in Section 7 below.
- External Transfer Fees
- Customers may make 4 inbound or outbound Standard Transfers per month with no fee. Each Standard Transfer thereafter will be subject to a $3 fee per transfer.
- There is a $5 fee for each inbound or outbound Next-Day Transfer.
- Fees may be charged for each rejected or reversed Transfer, as disclosed in the System or in your Other Agreements. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amounts from the applicable Internal Account you hold with us for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply.
- Dollar Limits
- Transfers will generally be limited to the lesser of (i) available funds in the Internal Account or External Account from which you have requested the Transfer, or (ii) such different limits as may be set by the Bank and are indicated for you within the Service; the Bank may change these limits at any time, subject to any notice of any decreases if required by law, but you agree that we may reduce your limits below the amounts stated above without prior notice upon occurrence of a “Disqualifying Event,” as defined below. In addition, all Transfers are subject to internal review by the Bank. This review will be based on the particular accounts to and from which the Transfer is requested, the amount of the Transfer, your relationship with the Bank, a successful fraud screening and such other factors that Bank may determine to apply from time to time. In the event we determine that there are risks associated with the Transfer request or if we determine you are subject to a Disqualifying Event, we may delay or cancel the Transfer and notify you, or direct you to contact us to provide additional details on the Transfer before it is initiated or funds are released.
- Any Transfer initiated on a day that is not a business day begins processing on the following business day and counts toward the applicable dollar limit for the next business day.
- Processing Transfers and Disqualifying Events
- A Transfer remains in process until the close of business on the applicable Scheduled Date.
- A 1 to 3 Business Day delivery time is available to Customers participating in the External Transfer Service. However, you agree we may cancel a Transfer, without prior notice, upon the occurrence of a Disqualifying Event.
- Each of the following is a "Disqualifying Event":
- Any of your deposit or loan accounts with Bank are not current or are not in good standing.
- You have had an overdraft, an over‐limit item, or an item returned for insufficient funds with respect to any Bank account during the current or 3 prior calendar months.
- You have had any prior Transfer canceled, revoked, or uncompleted due to insufficient funds, revoked authorization, stopped payments, frozen accounts, past due loans or, charged off balances with the Bank, or any similar reason.
- The Bank will use its best efforts to provide oral, written or electronic notice to you of rejection of a Transfer on its Scheduled Date; provided, however, that the Bank will not be liable to you for interest for its failure to give such notice.
- Liability for All Outgoing Transfers
- By using the External Transfer Service, you acknowledge and agree that this Agreement sets forth security procedures for Transfers initiated through this Service that are commercially reasonable. You agree to be bound by instructions, whether authorized or unauthorized, which we implement in compliance with these procedures, unless you have given us prior notice of possible unauthorized use of your Access ID and Password and we had a reasonable opportunity to act on such notice.
- If we fail or delay in making a Transfer pursuant to your instructions, or if we make a Transfer in an erroneous amount that is less than the amount per your instructions, unless otherwise required by law or as otherwise provided in this Agreement, our liability will be limited to interest on the amount that we failed to timely pay or transfer, calculated from the date on which the Transfer was to be made until the date it was actually made or you canceled the instructions. We may pay such interest either to you or the intended recipient of the Transfer, but in no event will we be liable to both parties, and our payment to either party will fully discharge any obligation to the other. If we make a Transfer in an erroneous amount that exceeds the amount of your instructions, or if we permit an unauthorized Transfer after we have had a reasonable time to act on a notice from you of possible unauthorized use of your Access ID or Password as described in this Section, unless otherwise required by law or as otherwise provided in this Agreement, our liability will be limited to a refund of the amount erroneously paid or transferred, plus interest thereon from the date of the Transfer to the date of the refund, but in no event to exceed 60 days' interest. If we become liable to you for interest under this Agreement or applicable law, such interest will be calculated based on the interest rate in effect for the account from which the funds were withdrawn. Unless otherwise required by law in no event will the Bank be liable to you for special, indirect or consequential damages including, without limitation, loss or damage from subsequent wrongful dishonor resulting from our acts or omissions or lost profits, even if we are advised in advance of the possibility of such damages. We will not be liable for your attorney's fees, except as required by law.
- You expressly agree that the Bank will be liable to you only for our negligent performance or nonperformance of the services provided pursuant to the External Transfer Service, and that our responsibility will be limited to the exercise of reasonable and ordinary care. Unless otherwise required by law, the Bank will not be liable for any error or delay on the part of any third party or for any other act or omission of any third party, including without limitation third parties used by the Bank in executing any payment order relating to a Transfer or performing a related act, and no such third party shall be deemed to be our agent. Further, we will not be liable to you or any third party for failure to execute any Transfer or perform a related act if such a failure is due to causes or conditions beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, riots, insurrection, war, military, or national emergencies, acts of God, natural disasters, fire, outages of computers or associated equipment, or failure of transportation or communication methods or power supplies. Except as may be limited by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold the Bank and its officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless (including payment of reasonable attorney's fees) against any and all liability to third parties arising out of, or in connection with, this Agreement, the External Transfer Service or any actions taken by the Bank pursuant to your instructions.
- Please examine your account statements carefully. The Bank will not be liable for interest except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, unless the Bank is notified of the discrepancy within 30 days from the date of your account statement that reflects the Transfer.
- You acknowledge and agree that if a payment order relating to a Transfer describes a beneficiary inconsistently by name and account number, payment might be made by the beneficiary's bank on the basis of the account number, even if it identifies a person different from the named beneficiary, and that your obligation to pay the Transfer issued by you to us shall not be excused by such payment.
- The Bank may at its option accept your cancellations or amendments to a Transfer. You acknowledge that if the Bank attempts to cancel or amend a Transfer, then the reversal request or amendment must be agreed to by each financial institution which has accepted a payment order related to the Transfer at issue before it will be acted upon and you further agree that the Bank will have no liability if a cancellation or amendment is not effected. You agree that you will indemnify and hold the Bank and its officers, directors, employees, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses, including attorney's fees and costs, resulting directly or indirectly from our compliance with your cancellation or amendment request.
- Service Cancellation by You.
In the event you wish to cancel the Service, you may telephone us at (888) 839-7952 during business hours; and/or write us at:Applied Bank
Attention: Central Operations
2200 Concord Pike Suite 102
Wilmington, DE 19803
Please Note – Due to security purposes, the ability to sign up for Bill Payment will not be present during your initial log in. You will see an option to register for Bill Payment upon your next log in.